Sunday, July 1, 2007

Help!

Well, here I am blogging. Do I have time for this? No. I need to be busy getting ready for company. My dearest darling daughter and a friend of hers will arrive from Germany in two days. I am sure elves will come in the middle of the night to clean my house and prepare for their arrival. Once they get here, it will be two weeks of crazy sightseeing/shopping/cooking/eating/driving that will leave me too tired to clean and plan. I am old enough to know better. I could really use those elves, though.

What do you show someone who is probably totally unaware of US history when they visit Washington DC? It wouldn't be hard if everyone else would vacate the city so that when we choose to do something there wouldn't be crazy traffic and huge crowds. I guess that is like wishing for a day at DIsney World alone!

Okay, I'll go work. I just want everyone to know I am doing it!

Wish me luck. I hope the elves have gotten a head start!

2 comments:

Hol said...

I felt that way when I had a group of ladies over for Bunco. I didn't want to do all the cleaning, but I really didn't want them to see a messy house either.

Hmm, what to do and see in DC? I always liked the science museum / air and space museum. The Lincoln Memorial was awesome, just getting to see how huge it really is. I never got to go up in the Washington Monument because of the lines.

Good luck on your cleaning. Put on some good music and it will help things go by faster.

glee said...

Good idea! I love to crank it up while I am cleaning/ironing/whatever-ing!

One thing I just thought of in DC that you never got to see was the International Spy Museum. It is a private museum, but it is fun. It even has a "Get Smart" shoe phone! It doesn't hold a candle to the spy museum artifacts I saw once when we went to Family Day at Kim's workplace a few years ago. Those Family Days are probably a thing of the past now, though, since the terror level remains so high. It is a shame because it is fun!

My favorite museum, the Smithsonian Museum of American History, is closed for renovation until the fall of 2008. Very sad. There is a new (additional) Air and Space Museum close to where we live. I think we may take in an Imax show there. I haven't been there, though, because although admission is free, parking is $12 per car!!!!!

I'd better get to cleaning! I only have a little left to do!