Saturday, May 12, 2007

Not again!



The dog is limping again. This time it is his other leg. I hate that because he just got use of his right leg again after surgery. Complete rupture of his ACL. Who knew he was such a sporting dog? I really hope it isn't the same thing in his left leg for reasons:

1. The surgery is awful for poor little Radar!

2. The pre-op, post-op and recovery are awful for us.

3. He looks so pathetic.

4. I hated him being in a cast while he was in the cast, but hated that less than once he was out of the cast.

5. I hate his vet. Most annoying vet on the planet. Maybe in the universe. A single office visit can take HOURS. He starts from the beginning each time we are there. Rereads the entire history and then performs an entire physical exam each time. Meanwhile, little Radar is panting buckets of doggie spit all over and his little eyes look like they will pop out.

I guess we have to take him in. I plan to get the appointment at a time when I can't be there. I had to endure most of the office visits on the previous surgery and I just can't face that doctor again right away.

1 comment:

Hol said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Radar may need surgery again. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

"Most annoying vet". We had one of those. The location kept changing doctors, so we decided that it wasn't the right place for us.

Also when the vet tech's pull out a muzzle - and your dog hasn't ever turned or tried to bite. That crossed the line. I know they're protecting themselves, but goodness.

Kira hasn't ever growled or bared her teeth. She may have turned her head when they took her temperature (you know where), but wouldn't you look as well? Hello?!

Our newer vet has been good. They are thorough, don't make us feel rushed, and they remember our dog and even her name.