Saturday, May 12, 2007

Feeling not so good

I think someone shared a cold with me. I had lots of things to do this weekend, but they are not getting done. I should go into DC tomorrow to practice, as usual, but if I don't improve an awful lot, FORGET IT. That would be okay, though, since tomorrow is Mothers Day and I hate to not be with my family.

I finally resorted to making a list of things I need to do because I rest for a while, then get up and do one thing. Okay, I got the laundry done. Or almost. I think there is still something in the washer, come to think about it.

I got a call from my Mom today. She was down. I wasn't good at lifting her spirits, I guess. She only said a quick hello and then was done. That is really unusual for her. I really don't have the energy to call her again. If I tell her I don't feel well, she will feel worse.

I have the greatest sister, by the way! She and I talked for a long time yesterday and we laughed, we cried (almost) and I love the way we can just pick up where we left off. I am very lucky to have her, but very unlucky to live so far away from her. Maybe someday we will live closer to each other.

By the way, the post times are three hours off. Never noticed that before. Guess I should change them. Maybe next time!

2 comments:

Hol said...

Happy day after Mother's Day!

Sorry you're under the weather. I hope you feel better soon! I sympathize; I think I had a small case of food poisoning from Tuesday of last week. Now I'm finally starting to feel "normal".

I tried getting a hold of my mom yesterday. None of the phones were busy, so I'm not sure where she and my dad were. Funny, I called both cell phones and the house - and left three messages. :)

I emailed Grandma too. Maybe I'll hear from her sometime soon.

Laura said...

Hi! Happy belated Mother's day! (At least I was on time in the non-internet world…)

By the way, I tagged you. Are you going to post five reasons why you love blogging?
xoxo