Thursday, March 27, 2008

Blogs

Have you ever thought about what different people's blogs are like?  Just read a few and you'll get an idea of the "message" they are sending.  

Some like to just journal.  "Went shopping today.  Saw a movie."  

Some are based on a theme.  (ho-hum)

Some are like regular editions of a newspaper.  Monday is about X, Tuesday is about Y, skip Wednesday, Thursday is about Z and Friday is about the weekend.    I admire people who blog like that because by the time I get to my computer to blog, I'm so tired I can't recall what day this is!  

Then, there those who like to read all over the internet for odds and ends.  It's almost a one-ups-manship type of thing.  Okay, that may not be a word.  Sorry, but you get my drift.  It reminds me of Google's or Yahoo's "odd news" links.  I guess that is interesting, but if I wanted to find the weirdest story online today, I'd be doing that instead of reading your blog.  

What is my blog like?  I don't know.  There's no rhyme or reason to what I write.  My purpose for writing is often to signal to the few who read it that I am still alive.  

Ky used to journal a lot.  She was determined to write something every day.  So, most of her entries were, and I quote:  "Norm day."   Those are some of my favorites.  I'm so glad she wrote.  It captured a time period in her life that I'd otherwise have a hard time remembering--the day to day stuff, for certain.  What will parents of kids do these days to do that?


2 comments:

Laura said...

Yeah, I think I've forgotten most of what happened on those "norm days." Heh. I was a little kid; I just thought I was supposed to write events, not emotions. = )

glee said...

That's okay. It was uniquely you!