Thursday, February 7, 2008

Countdown!

Today I had a lesson with my voice teacher--the last lesson I'll have before my recital.  I thought he'd just run through several songs and give me a pep talk.  No, we worked hard and I've got several things to try to correct before Saturday night.  Ugh.  

I've sung in public many times.  I've sung solos many times in public.  Each one is a little scary, but not nearly as scary as I used to think it would be before I started performing.  In fact, while practicing, I can think of a way I think I might mess up and nearly always, that is what I'll do onstage!  I really have to just keep myself from thinking of those things!  

This performance is different.  Before, I either was in a chorus or singing one or, at the most, two solos.  This time, I may be singing eight solos and one duet.  Okay, the duet also has a solo in it.  That seems doable, but I need to keep my voice strong to get all the way from song 1 through song 9.  Plus, song 9 is much tougher than songs 1 through 7.  The last two are very tough.   

Also, it isn't too hard to sing nine songs, but it is hard to sing nine songs loud enough to be heard in a church sanctuary--all the way to the back.  I doubt we'll have that many people, and maybe they will sit closer, but it is tough.  

Okay, now I've expressed most of my troubles.  No pity or negativity allowed from this point on!  

Tomorrow night, we'll go straight through the program and I'll let you  know what I think.  

Gulp!

1 comment:

Hol said...

You can do it, I know you can!

I've always enjoyed hearing you sing, whether during church (usually around Christmas), or when you're in the kitchen.

9 songs does seem like a lot, but it sounds like your lessons and practicing will help.

I'll be praying that everything goes well.

Lots of love!
Holly