Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Messiah

Hooray! It is over! The Messiah went quite well on Sunday afternoon. I felt good about my solos and although there were fewer people there this year than last, it was fun. I seldom have anyone from where I live come to hear me, but many of the people in the church choir with whom I toured in Europe in 2006 come out and it gives us a chance to keep up with each other.

My dear husband drove me downtown and that made the whole thing more special. The weather wasn't very good, but we had been projected to have snow/sleet/ice and having cold wind gusts only was not too bad in comparison.

In other singing-type news, my recital has been moved to February. This time, I'm ready, but two others are not. I guess we can always use time to practice, but it resets my practice. I'll have to change up things a little--can't do the Christmas duet I had planned to do--have to work up another one. I guess we'll have time :-l

4 comments:

Hol said...

Yea! I'm glad it went well and that you don't have to worry with it.

It's too bad that you were prepared for your recital, and the others were not... and still aren't. I hope it won't take too long for everyone to learn their parts. Good luck in February!

Laura said...

I'm so glad it went well! I wish I could have been there… I hope I can come to the recital! (And hopefully the other people in the recital will work up their pieces by February…)
xoxo!

Susan said...

Wish I could have heard you sing, I'll bet it was great. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Hol said...

Have a great day tomorrow! Merry Christmas! We love and miss you all. J & H, B & G, J & B.