Wednesday, August 8, 2007

August view

How could it be August already? It is doubly depressing because I work in a school and although I have been working during the summer, I go day-to-day because thinking that I am stuck there until next June would be too much for me to bear! How odd it is, though, that I used to work all year-round and that was okay.

Changes, changes, changes! I had planned to move from part-time in the school office to full-time next fall, to coincide with Ky's move to college. Instead, my office manager told me that I need to go full-time this fall. She looks out for me! She asked me why I keep waiting to go full-time and when she heard it was because I love being home to spend time home when Ky is home, she offered me hours that will allow that, more or less.

Schools are pretty good places to work, as long as you don't want a large salary. They are great, though, for those of us who love to be home when our kids are there and who are blessed enough to have spouses with decent salaries.

So, I am hesitant, since I have always enjoyed my time off (and the ability to leave work regardless of what was happening!!!) but I'll do it.

I know, boring post, but I feel boring today.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Ky is already old enough to go to college, please, she was just born yesterday wasn't she! How is it that the kids get older, and the parents don't.

Laura said...

Not boring.

Don't worry about the full-timing. I'm going to try to work more this year too, and I'll be doing a variety of after school clubs and homework assignments. And you usually seem to spend full-time hours at the office anyway, since everyone seems to have "just one more little thing to do before you leave."

I love you!

glee said...

Suzio: Yep. The Big Senior Year! Yes, I am still the same age. Might have aged a year or two, but Ky has gone Warp Speed. Of course, so have your children! Love their pictures on your blog!

Ky: Thanks for understanding. It isn't that you need me home. I simply want to soak up as much from you as I can before you run away to college! Thanks for being such a delightful, interesting and gentle person!