Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hooray!

Hooray!  It was beautifully dry today!   

I'm so glad I didn't clean out the squirrel nest that was in our squirrel feeder in the gazebo! During the storm yesterday, I took the dog out and noticed something was in the feeder/nest moving around.  I could see why--it was dry and nothing else was!   I never saw who it was, but I am quite sure it was a squirrel--or two.  

The basement is okay now and I hope we can get the sump pump fixed before the next deluge.  I am, however, quite behind in my weekend work because I missed getting to do chores yesterday.  Ah, well, the laundry is done and the house can be a little messier than usual for a few extra days.  

We went to an Empty Nest party last night.  It was a lot of fun and each couple's children's ears should have burned all night!  It is almost like withdrawal, however, to return to a household without a child in it after at least 18 years!   




1 comment:

Hol said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are all okay. Sorry about your basement and sump pump, that's not fun.

The Empty Nest party sounds like it was fun and a good idea. Hopefully you and the other Empty Nesters will continue to support each other and enjoy one another's company.