Sunday, August 24, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Last Friday, we drove two cars down to BBurg to move Ky into her new "home."  She lives in a great dorm at Tech and has a wonderful roommate who shares her first name.   In fact, the one thing that seems to be stressful for Ky is that there are so many of them who have the same first name!  I'm sure things will even out once classes begin tomorrow.  

When we arrived, the campus was packed and wall-to-wall lines of cars jockeying for position in the limited "unloading zones."  We finally made our way to the right side of campus :-) and took Ky's things up to the 4th floor.  I love elevators!   I didn't notice that this picture had a door open that obscures some of the room.  Just imagine two built-in wardrobes and small desk/vanities and a sink on the right.  

Please join me in praying for a smooth start for Ky's freshman year!

Ky, please keep us updated with pictures!

3 comments:

Hol said...

I can still hardly believe that Ky is in college now! Seeing that picture reminded me of my first dorm with my roomie Sara. Our bed frames and doors were the same color/wood.

I will be praying for a smooth start, and that Ky and her roommate hit things off. :)

glee said...

Thanks! Her roommate seems to be a truly wonderful young woman and I hope they have a great first year. Today was the first day of classes!

And it seems to have been a good one. We'll have to see if Ky will blog about her experiences.....

Laura said...

Hey, Mom! Guess who hasn't updated her blog... =) xoxo