Saturday, July 26, 2008

Visiting Tech

Well, we just returned from a visit to Virginia Tech.  You see, our daughter, Ky, is scheduled to begin school there within a month.  She was admitted to a special summer program called STEP which stands for Student Transitioning into the Engineering Program, or something similar.  It started June 29 and we'll have to drive back down next Saturday to pick her up.  On June 29, I was not sure I'd survive this long.  

Ky has had three classes during this summer program: Chemistry, Calculus and Engineering.  How's that for an exciting summer camp experience!  She is getting a taste of what school will be like in the fall.  They are hoping to give these students an idea of how rigorous the coursework will be in the fall.  And how little sleep they'll get!

VT is in a nice college town.   It reminds me of what Bryan and College Station were like when we lived there in the 80s.  I love college towns.  

I wish I had taken some pictures.  Okay,  just close your eyes.  Picture a nice college with everyone you see wearing either bright orange or maroon.  There.  That's it!  :-)
   

1 comment:

Hol said...

I'm glad you were able to go see Ky. I bet she enjoyed your visit as well. We send our love!