Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Graduation is coming, heigh ho, heigh ho!

Ky graduates on June 16, 9:30 a.m.  Anyone who wants to be there, is welcome.  I plan to be there.  She is going to the prom this weekend.  She has finished 4 of her 5 AP tests this year.  The last one is a make-up test since she had two scheduled at the same time.  It is on the 23rd, I believe.  It is English, which is a good one to finish out on.  That means the tough ones--calc, German, computer science and physics, are done.   Okay, English won't be easy, but having the others a couple of weeks after the rest would be torture.  

Ky will have several pieces of graduation regalia to wear for the different honor societies.  I can't recall all that she will wear.  She's heard nothing from NHS (Nat'l Honor Society) and it appears that the hardest part of that group was the application.  Just about the only part of NHS was the application!  They have a choice of cords and tassels for most of the honor groups.  

My graduation had no such fun stuff.  I was in NHS, but don't recall that we had anything to show for it.  I lived back in the boring old days.   I need to remember to do a post on my early, black-and-white years.   I don't know how (or why) we stayed awake during it all!

Anyway, stay posted for exciting graduation/prom stuff.  I'll see if I can find time to count down the days, too.  

I'm really proud of Ky for working so long and so hard!  I only had 12 years of school!  She's had an extra year--Kindergarten!  I'm surprised I was able to get through all 12 years, and here, she's ahead of me.  How did the teachers cram learning colors and letters and numbers into first grade with all that other stuff.  Memories of first grade--that's another post!

3 comments:

Hol said...

I worried about Z in the video too. The first time I watched it, my eyes were glued to the door and his little fingers. Eek!

It's good to hear that many of Ky's major exams are done with. I would guess she's relieved about that. (I know I would be.)

I can hardly believe that she's graduating already. Wasn't she doing "cwafts", and having "spwash parties" just a few short years ago?

You probably felt similarly about C and I when we were growing up. It seems to go by faster for the adults than it does for the kids involved. Wow it's flown by.

Love, Hol

glee said...

Yep. I remember the spwash parties and the cwafts!

You and your sister grew up WAAAAAAY too quickly, but I'd never call for a do-over! You both have grown to be such wonderful women! It is amazing, however, to think back and enjoy all those great memories!

Ky still has exams, but they are not generally a big deal. She has a couple of big projects and then there's the online course!!! Seems like there's always something to do in that! She is finishing strong, though!

Hol said...

Thank you. I'm glad you like the t-shirt design.

Funny thing, our youth minister wanted it "reversed", with the road on the front and the shield on the back right shoulder. That's okay.

I haven't seen how it looks printed yet.

Good to hear Ky is still going strong. I don't miss exams at all. The ones in high school were really different from those in college.

I remember my struggle with math throughout school. Thankfully I found a professor that could teach it well, and that I could understand. I had her for two semesters, and my last class was the "payoff". I worked really hard at it and J helped me study.

I ended up getting an A, and did not have to take the exam! That was a great day. Not because I didn't have to take the exam, but because I FINALLY got an A in math, and I was so proud of myself.