Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Freecycling tidbits

I am a member of a freecycle group. It is online and hosted (I think) by yahoo. It has quite a few odd rules, but basically, you may post anything for the taking, as long as it is free. Nothing is too big or too small and I've seen some strange
listings. I have collected a few to share here. They may be things that you'll
look at and think aren't odd, but from my perspective, they are odd or maybe just sound odd. Here they are:


offer: large divided plate(looks like hen) From: mims_4_hkt

I'm trying to picture this one!


Offer : Preggy pop drops From: Marla Vargas


Offer: Bag 7/8 Girls From: Rebecca IS THIS LEGAL????


offer: two safari kids rugs From: kmabela


Offer: Juvenile bearded dragon pellets From: struesda (ewwwwww!!!)


Offer: boat canal From: Nathan


TAKEN: PPU Muscle & Weight Gain

PPU means "please pick up" and I'd gladly offer my weight gain if someone would please pick it up, but not my muscle--or what there is left of it!



offer:4 needlework books for babies From: mims_4_hkt Don't they hurt themselves when they work on it? Perhaps that is why the books are available. Or maybe the baby didn't finish the work and is now a toddler!


Offer: Adult disposable Brief From: mhomesch Just one? What condition is it in???


offer:Patches of Joy From: mims_4_hkt I want ALL the Joy I can get--not just patches!


Offer: Fold Away Basket Ball Thing From: Rebecca

OFFER: foam stickers From: ses8292001


Reoffer: Camping Wood From: Lisa Okay, how can you re-offer camping wood. Isn't it out in the woods someplace? What differentiates it from regular wood?


OFFER: Barbie Swan Lake costume From: sicmck2652


OFFER: Mosquito lantern Must be very tiny!



I have recieved quite a few seriously good things from freecycle. You may want to join one, too!

Gotta run see if I can find anything to post!

2 comments:

Hol said...

I've heard a lot of good things about Freecycle too. I guess it's time for me to join a local group.

The listings you found were pretty odd! Wow.

Susan said...

I've never heard of it, but I'm planning on checking it out. Sounds great.