Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween!

Ah, the holiday everyone can enjoy! Okay, not everyone. Some folks feel it is too anti-religious or whatever, so maybe they should go to bed early on the 31st.

The church where we attend is having what is called, "Trunk or Treat" in which you sign up for two parking spaces at the church building, bring your vehicle and decorate. You are allowed to have the requisite candy, of course, but you may also have games or whatever for the kids to do while they are there. The point of it is to give the kids/families safe alternatives to traditional trick or treating. We are new there, so I'd planned to sit this one out, but my daughter, Ky, signed up for a couple of spaces. She has a cute little Scion xB and will decorate it as a Lego block. There may be some other girls helping her--I certainly hope so--but I'll be there, too, to be sure she has everything she needs. I'd like to see this because the people I've met there are very creative and they are the most positive people I've ever met.

I'll see if I can figure out how to post some pictures afterwards!

4 comments:

Hol said...

That sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to see some pictures.

xo - Hol

Susan said...

We did the same thing (trunk or treat) at our church this past Sunday night. I don't know why they didn't do it on Halloween night, but it was fun for the kids.

Hol said...

I wish you could all be there for Christmas as well. We will miss you!

I do hope you have a wonderful, relaxing time being at home with K and Ky.

J and I weren't even sure we'd be able to go to Mich at first.

It would have been okay if we stayed here. We would have had our "first" Christmas at our home. It's funny we haven't done that yet, but we are both very thankful that we can be with family during the holidays. It's a blessing.

glee said...

Yea. I have a ticket to DFW for that time period and now have to figure out what to do with it since there will not be anyone there to visit.